Internet Speed Distribution
Hi dear gurus. I have Wireless ADSL Router modem, with internet speed of 3 Mb/ps. So, I share my connection with other people. So, internet connection speed becomes slow when some of connected people are downloading large size files, or when watching movies. I would like to distribute my internet connection in equal parts among us. I know, this is possible wirh Windows Server features, but this is home environment, so I don't have a PC that may run 24/7... Is here any third party software that can do that??? (I'm running Vista Ultimate)...
February 18th, 2011 3:25pm

if you cannot run a pc for 27/7 then you cannot do anything on the the ADSL router and I am pretty much sure that normal adsl routers cannot do packet shaping nor can monitor the users donwloading the large files. Thanks http://www.virmansec.com/blogs/skhairuddin
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
February 18th, 2011 4:09pm

Hello, I agree with Syed. You need PC running 24/7 and also need ISA for blocking and traffic monitoring. Thanks
February 18th, 2011 5:09pm

Hello, there are two ways to do on a home budget, provided you have the know how 1. get a used Cisco catalyst switch on Ebay for about $ 50.00. You can limit and shape bandwidth as follows: Switch(config-if)# srr-queue bandwidth limit Configure bandwidth-limit for this interface shape Configure shaping on transmit queues share Configure shared bandwidth 2. get a Sonicwall TZ-200 for about $ 350.00 which does bandwidth limitation and traffic shaping and bridge your ISP's router. Chazzie / IT Manager Advanced Door Controls, Inc.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
February 18th, 2011 5:21pm

thanks guys for quick replies))))
February 19th, 2011 4:33am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics