Internal Parameter ssrs 2012

Hi,

I need to show a data field in the header that is from one of my Datasets. However, this can't be done directly. I read that the best option is to create an internal parameter.

How can i create this in ssrs 2012? Can't find any option to set the parameter as internal.

Thanks

September 2nd, 2015 3:28am

Just add a new parameter from parameter tab and select radio button which says internal.

Also go to values tab and set an expression for it based on your field like say

=SUM(Fields!YourFieldName.Value,"Dataset")

You've to use some kind of aggregation (or merging) in your actual case as its only a single value you can hold in parameter

September 2nd, 2015 4:02am

The problem is that i don't see any internal parameter option in rdlc.

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 2nd, 2015 5:08am

Hi collie12,

According to your description, you want to create an internal parameter in RDLC report, right?

In Reporting services, the Internal property in Report Parameter Properties only available in RDL report instead of RDLC report, so its expected that you are not able to set Internal parameter with built-in feature. In your scenario, if you want to display an internal report in report viewer control, you can design a report in report builder or report designer then deploy to report server. Then you can call the report in your application with report viewer control by specifying report server URL. Set ShowParameterPrompts to false for the report viewer control. Or you can use internal parameters in the code-behind to provide values to the report that the end-user should not be able to control. Please remember to set default values for internal parameter.

Reference:
RDLC Internal Parameter Issue
What are the rules for using Internal parameters in SSRS

If you have any question, please feel free to ask.

Best regards,
Qiuyun Yu

September 2nd, 2015 11:05pm

Thanks. However, unfortunately, I am limited in what I can do and I need to perform some magic tricks and get everything to work using only rdlc and code-behind and I cannot use report builder or anything else.

Is there anyway to accomplish this?

Thanks

September 9th, 2015 7:02pm

Hi collie12,

If you are not able to use report builder, like posted above, you can use internal parameters in the code-behind to provide values to the report that the end-user should not be able to control.

Best regards,
Qiuyun Yu

September 13th, 2015 5:03am

Hi collie12,

If you are not able to use report builder, like posted above, you can use internal parameters in the code-behind to provide values to the report that the end-user should not be able to control.

Best regards,
Qiu

September 13th, 2015 10:30am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics