Internal Error in the .Net Runtime and clr.dll fault module

I have noticed a potential fix for these two sets of event logs.http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2640103. Our ImageRight is a third-party application. The application is on a Citrix hosted terminal server running windows 2008 R2 server OS. We are on .Net 4.5 Framework, Not sure what causes the application to crash, but a restart seems to fix things, it happens towards the end of the day. A question we have is the above hotfix is a potential fix, but that is for 4.0, and I have seen some folks uninstall 4.5, install 4.0, then install the hotfix, then run MS updates which upgrades .Net back to 4.5 and things seem to work. My question is what does this hotfix change, since we want to go to .Net 4.5 wouldn't the hotfix get taken off and .Net 4.5 replace the dlls the hotfix would have updated?

Faulting application name: imageright.desktop.exe, version: 5.7.7.1678, time stamp: 0x5332a927

Faulting module name: clr.dll, version: 4.0.30319.18444, time stamp: 0x52717e84

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x000a6d27

Faulting process id: 0x5714

Faulting application start time: 0x01cff8ccedae8d2b

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\ImageRight\Clients\imageright.desktop.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\clr.dll

Report Id: 479ab52a-64c0-11e4-912c-0050569c5ee7

Application: imageright.desktop.exe

Framework Version: v4.0.30319

Description: The process was terminated due to an internal error in the .NET Runtime at IP 6AA56D27 (6A9B0000) with exit code 80131506.

November 14th, 2014 8:50pm

Hi,

I am experiencing the same issue. @ asnjduarte1234 did you manage to resolve this?

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
July 10th, 2015 6:47am

I'm also experiencing this error. Did either of you have any joy?
July 27th, 2015 5:57am

Same problem for us. We use provisioned Citrix terminal servers and once this problem occurs you can only solve it with a server reboot.

Tried various hotfixes, but most were not applicable and the rest made no difference at all. Also tried to install .Net 4.6 RC, no change.
The servers are Windows 2008 R2 Standard with all security updates. Installing recommended an optional updates for .Net 4 increased the problem even further.

We have several applications and also have some Office plugins that are based on .Net 4.x and they all stop working -.-

We really need a fix for this, thanks!

July 28th, 2015 5:32am

Same problem here at XenApp 6 using Framework 4.5 Application.

The more sessions and Memory is used the more it is getting unimpossible to start the application.

Is it a GC problem or what?

Please fix it !!!

• Edited by foxxed 19 hours 46 minutes ago
August 3rd, 2015 4:28am

The more sessions and Memory is used the more it is getting unimpossible to start the application.

Please fix it !!!

• Edited by foxxed Monday, August 03, 2015 11:31 AM
August 3rd, 2015 8:26am

Please fix it !!!

Please fix it !!!

Tested the final release of .Net 4.6 (https://www.microsoft.com/en-US/download/details.aspx?id=48137) but it did not solve the problem.

What I can say, is that it does not depend on how many users are logged in, but on the memory. I wrote a single C# application which fills the memory with random objects, deletes them afterwards and creates new ones. This is to give the GC  a hell lot of work to do as it has to manage millions of objects.

After a while (1-3 hours), I can no longer start the other .Net 4 applications. The funny thing is that my application is based on .Net 4.5 ... and it still works and can also be restarted without any problems.

All tests were made with a single user (local administrator) and no one else logged in. The Citrix server has a total of 8GB memory.

Hope this information is somehow useful for finding and fixing the GC problem. Maybe this thread would get more attention if it was posted in another forum section?

August 19th, 2015 5:40am

I have exactly the same problems with the same environment then ennimaniac.  The problems look like beginning after the last application of security patch for Windows Server 2008.  We have the problems with Dynamics 2013 users on Citrix.

For the moment I don't have any solutions.

August 28th, 2015 6:16pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics