Intermittent Error 22655 When Scaling Out a Deployed Service

We have been using SCVMM for a number of years, but I am just starting to work with deploying service templates now that they have Gen 2 support.  My serivce is a basic one tier setup with 0-8 instances allowed.  I have been scaling out my test service from 0 to 1 instance and than deleting the VM over and over again trying to get all my PowerShell scripts (designed to automate tasks that were previously done by hand) to work properly.  The scripts are working fine, but sporadically during the application deployment part of the scale out process I am getting the following error:

Error (22655)
VMM is unable to retrieve status from computer server.domain.local.

Recommended Action
Check if the computer is running and the VM guest agent is in a healthy state.

We are running SCVMM 2012 R2 UR6 to manage two Windows Server 2012 R2 Hyper-V clusters.  I can't find any official or unofficial references to that particular error message (not even in the master list maintained by Microsoft).  At first I thought it was that the VMM guest service wasn't starting all the time on startup so I had one of my scripts change it to delayed automatic start.  That seemed to lessen the frequency, but not eliminate the issue.  Any ideas?

August 20th, 2015 11:06am

Hi Sir,

>>Error (22655)
VMM is unable to retrieve status from computer server.domain.local.

I also tried to find this error but in vain.

Does this issue only arises when using script to perform scale-out ?

Could you please tell us the computer "server.domain.local" in your case ?

Is it a new created VM during executing "scale-out" ?

I also checked the Job details , there is "refresh" action for VM and host .

You may try to insert cmdlets to refresh VM and host in your script after create "scale-out" VM successfully then check if it makes any progress .

Best Regards,

Elton Ji

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 24th, 2015 1:44pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics