Intermittent Connetivity Issues
Hi All, Ive got a slightly strange issue that i hope you can help me with. I support a company that has three sites in three towns, everything was working fine until all of a sudden they could not get access to the main server in the main office. I checked the connection speed and the upload was quite low, now for the past couple of days the two sites that are affected most are having intermittent connectivity issues. So far I have, Rebooted the routers (a million times) Recreated the VPN's Got the ISP to monitor and improve the connection. Upgraded the Firmware on the routers. Placed more RAM in the Main Server. I am now stuck at what to do next as two sites are having intermittent connectivity issues now. Surely both routers would not have packed up at the same time? Any suggestions would be very helpful, thank you in advance
January 21st, 2011 2:34am

It's difficult to say what to specifically look for since there really isn't much detail provided here. What type of routers, what type of WAN connections, what type of VPN, what protocol is used to talk to the server, what apps are involved, are the connections using DNS or IPs only, etc... What you need to do is essentially try to isolate where the failure is. Matt W. CCNP, CCDA, CCNA-S, RHCT, MCSE, MCSA, MCP+I, A+
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
January 23rd, 2011 5:24pm

Hi, Thanks for posting here. In addition : Will this issue also occur if upload data to this server form main office network ? Which VPN software you use to set the site to site connection and how? Have you modified any system setting since this issue occur? What's the OS running on that server ? It’s appreciate that if you could discuss this issue in detail. Thanks. Tiger Li Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
January 24th, 2011 2:51am

Thank you both for your interest in the issue. my colleague stopped exchange and it made it alot faster and has stopped the intermittent connectivity issues when the MTU was changed. if i have anymore issues i will come back Thanks Again!
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
January 24th, 2011 2:20pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics