Intel Wireless 5100 on Server 2012

I installed Windows Server 2012 on a Dell Studio XPS 1640 laptop to do Windows Phone 8 development. The Dell computer doesn't support the SLAT requirement for the Hyper-V that regular Windows 8 uses; but from reading, I gathered that Server 2012 doesn't require SLAT for its version of Hyper-V. The install went fine, but wireless is not functional.

Device manager shows the wireless device (Intel Wireless-N 5100) as installed and the driver as correct (there isn't any little yellow explanation mark or any other sign of an error). Server 2012 though shows no connections for the network; and the Windows network troubleshooter says there may be a problem with the Wifi driver. I tried installing a driver from Intel that is for 5100 devices and Windows 8; and it appears to install. When I use the Intel troubleshooter it reports that the "Wireless hardware is not bound to transport driver." What I don't understand is that a Windows 8 install on the computer can use this wireless device correctly; so I know that somewhere there is a Windows 8 driver for the card. Any ideas on how to get that driver and set it up in Server 2012?

July 7th, 2013 12:32am

Hi,

Thank you for the post.

Please check if you have installed Wireless LAN Service through add roles and features wizard.

Regards,

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
July 10th, 2013 2:53am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics