Intel 82801BB/GR (ICH7 Family LPC Interface Controller 27B8 - Server 2008 will not load this driver
I have downloaded the latest driver from Intel, Ver. 9.1.1.1016 for the Intel 82801BB/GR (ICH7 Family LPC Interface Controller 27B8 and Server 2008 Standard will not recognize the controller or hardware (Code 0028) I have checked on every possible thread discussing this event and no one has seemed to resolve this issue. The Mainboard being used is a Asus P564WS WS Professional LGA775 NOTE: All of the latest MS Server updates are downloaed and installed.
September 13th, 2009 6:39pm

Hi Eli Fats, Thank you for posting in windows server forums, As a first priority i would contact the vendor from where you have purchased this driver and would like to know if this is compatible with windows server 2008 , if it is compatible you can check with different windows 2008 server , also please do check if your mother board supports the driver.The best way is to contact the vendor .sainath !analyze
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 14th, 2009 8:14am

Hi, It seems there is no Windows sever 2008 compatible driver for Asus p5w64 motherboard. For your information, you can check if hardware is compatible with Windows Server from the following website: Windows Server catalog http://www.windowsservercatalog.com/default.aspx Thanks. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
September 15th, 2009 2:16pm

I have just ignored the ICH7 Interface without any problems, just to bad that Server 2003 worked so well and then bingo, MS is up to it's old tricks, outdated another piece of hardware that is perfectly good and still has many years of life in it. Some of us technicians don't see the need to have a "new car" everyfew years.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
November 21st, 2009 10:55pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics