Integration SCVMM with SCCM

hello Expert..
 I want to know how to integration SCVMM 2012 R2 environment with SCCM 2012 R2 environment And What are benefits of integrating them?

Thanks 
Richa KM

• Edited by Richa km Wednesday, March 26, 2014 10:56 AM
March 26th, 2014 1:55pm

Hi.

There is no "out of the box" integration of SCVMM and SCCM. However, you can leverage Orchestrator to control the workflows through runbooks in order to meet your desired configuration.

One example is where Orchestrator is deploying the services through SCVMM, and where SCCM comes into the play in the end and distribute the applications from its library.

Also note that SCVMM is able to deliver applications, server roles/features through service templates and gallery items in Windows Azure Pack.

If you are looking for patch management, SCVMM is responsible (together with WSUS) for patching the fabric and server roles, but not the virtual machine workloads.

-kn

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
March 26th, 2014 9:00pm

Hi,

So what is the differant to deliver applications with SCVMM vs SCCM?

I have always thought of SCCM is for physical server and SCVMM for virtual servers. But I Think you would like to have SCCM klient on every VM-servers for "compliance settings", and "asset intelligence" and so on. But I see a grey zone. I like the OSD with task sequence, I have an feeling of controll. But it looks efficient with the SCVMM provisioning.

I am confused? And if your also planing for

September 11th, 2014 12:27pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics