Installing hotfix from MS KB978897
Hi, I'm trying to install the hotfix from MS KB978897 on a server running Windows Server 2008 SP2. I requested a download of the hotfix, but there were two files.: 417533_intl_x64_zip.exe & 430589_intl_x64_zip.exe. Both were listed on the hotfix download page for Server 2008 x64. I know how to install them. I'm wondering if I need both or just one of them? Has anyone installed this hotfix? Thanks
June 14th, 2011 6:56pm

I suggest you download the latest version. In this case, 430589_intl_x64_zip.exe is possible the best option. Take a try.Sharpening
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 14th, 2011 7:51pm

Hi, You may try to install both of them. If one of them is not applicable, system will pop up a prompt. Regards,Please remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
June 15th, 2011 9:58am

Thanks for the responses. I'll try installing both starting with the newest to see what happens. I'll post back with the results.
June 17th, 2011 10:25pm

Hi, I would like to confirm what is the current situation? If there is anything that I can do for you, please do not hesitate to let me know, and I will be happy to help. Regards,Please remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
June 20th, 2011 6:11am

Hi Arthur-Li, I tried you suggestion of installing both starting with the newer file as suggested by Sharpening. When I tried to install the older file I was told it did not apply. Not sure if that's because I installed the newer one first or it genuinlly didn't apply. Either way the hotfix is installed. Thanks for your responses. -D43m0n
June 23rd, 2011 10:14pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics