Installing Windows Server 2003
I have installed SharePoint Designer 2007 on my computer having Windows 7 operating system. To use it I need to install Windows Server 2003 SP2 on the same computer. I can not do it because I get the message: You do not have permission to update Windows. Please contact your system administrator. What can I do about? Am I doing any harm to my operating system Windows 7 as I understand that installingWindows Server 2003 is treated as an update? Thank you for help! Marcel
March 31st, 2012 12:53pm

Windows Server is another operating system just like Windows 7 is. It is not an update for Windows 7. If you do not want to replace your current Windows 7 operating system, you will need to either dual-boot your computer or install Windows Server on a Virtual Machine. BR MadsPlease remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
March 31st, 2012 1:56pm

Windows Server is another operating system just like Windows 7 is. It is not an update for Windows 7. If you do not want to replace your current Windows 7 operating system, you will need to either dual-boot your computer or install Windows Server on a Virtual Machine. BR MadsPlease remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
March 31st, 2012 8:49pm

Hi Marcel, What you can do instead is to get your IT Staff to install Windows Virtual PC. This way you can install Windows Server 2003 SP2 and SharePoint Designer 2007 on that Virtual PC instead of on your production PC. http://www.microsoft.com/windows/virtual-pc/ BR Ren
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
April 1st, 2012 4:12am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics