Installing Updates stuck for over an hour in diere need of help
I needed to reboot my Server which is running server 2003 R2 it started to install updates and has been stuck at installing update 3 of 13 for over an hour, this server houses our Great Plains app and I need to get it up. What are the consequences of manualy downing it, I can RDP into it
August 29th, 2008 9:57pm

Hi, 1. Please remote logon the problematic server via RDP and then follow the steps to configure it with clean boot mode. a. Click Start, click Run, type "msconfig" (without the quotation marks) in the Open box, and then click OK. b. In the Startup tab, click the "Disable All" button. c. In the Services tab, check the "Hide All Microsoft Services" checkbox, and then click the "Disable All" button. d. Click OK and restart your computer to test again. 2. Check if the server still hang with clean boot mode. If possible, please manually download and install the security updates and then check if the issue will still exists on the server in this way. 3. To narrow down the root cause of the issue, we need to analyze on the C:\windows\WindowsUpdate.log file which is related to all the action of Windows Update. Please collect the log file and also tell me the time that you install the problematic update. You may send it to tfwst@microsoft.com, and we can assist you with that. Thanks for the co-operation.David Shen - MSFT
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 2nd, 2008 12:53pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics