Installing Server 2008R2 - very simple configuration
Disclaimer: I am a real Server Novice I have inherited a Windows Server 2003 system which grew up from an original Windows NT Server, with in-place upgrades as new server versions became available. It is now Windows Server 2003 Standard, 32 bit, running on a 64 bit machine. It provides the following services: Domain Controller, File services, DHCP, DNS, Print services and Active Directory to maintain the small domain user database. Nothing else. I was told to upgrade to Windows 2008 R2 and was given a nice new distribution kit for Standard version. Even though the hardware is 64 bit, the current Server 2003 is 32 bit and I can not do an automatic update. I am forced to do a clean install and recreate those services shown above. I installed a new system disk on the server and installed Server 2008 R2 Standard on the disk and started to follow the wizard but am overwhelmed by the basic questions - let alone the answers. I barely understand Active Directory and there are 4 or 5 versions. Even print services is complicated. Can anybody help? Thanks...Alan
September 27th, 2010 11:14am

What are your problems? Setup AD and printer server?
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 27th, 2010 11:35pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics