Installing KB2828233 to CM2012 and KB2827684 to CM2007

Hi we have two Configuration Manager sites a Primary 2007 site and a new 2012 SP1 CU1 site we are in the process of migrating to.

I've downloaded and extracted both hotfixes listed in the subject (One for each platform) however there appears to be no documentation on deploying these updates.

If I patch my servers what will happen with the clients? I'm certainly not going to apply the patches just to see what the results are.

Has anyone deployed what is the process that happens post apply the patch to your SCCM servers?

May 14th, 2013 1:42pm

Hi,

Thank you for the post.

Here is blog about these Anti-Malware updates: http://blogs.technet.com/b/configmgrteam/archive/2013/04/05/announcement-microsoft-anti-malware-platform-update.aspx

Regards,

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
May 17th, 2013 7:25am

Hi Nick,

Thanks for the reply I've read the blog post before however it doesn't give any hint of the patching process and subsequent deployment to the Managed clients. I'm surprised at the lack of documentation with such an important patch.

May 17th, 2013 1:04pm

Installing KB2828233 on the SCCM 2012 updates the client installation file so that any new installation will have the latest Endpoint Protection client.

For existing clients, the update will go through WSUS/SCCM patching process. You will find the update under Software Updates in SCCM 2012 and then you can deploy it to all of your clients. The article ID is 2831316.

Hope this helps.

May 19th, 2013 11:45pm

Hi Philaitman,

I have the same question.  So should I intall KB2828233 first to my server then deploy KB2831316 to my clients?

How did you handle yours?  Can I safely install 2828233 to my server during daytime with no or minimal impact to users?

June 5th, 2013 9:15pm

Hi Eblend.

I have the same question.  So should I intall KB2828233 first to my server then deploy KB2831316 to my clients? or it doesn't matter which order I install first?

How did you handle yours?  Can I safely install 2828233 to my server during daytime with no or minimal impact to users?

June 7th, 2013 1:59am

In the same boat as SwissMiss123 and Philaitman

disappointed on the lack of documentation and instruction on how to deploy this.

FYI: found this post relating to a possible problem: http://sccmguru.wordpress.com/2013/05/24/configuration-manager-client-fails-to-install-after-kb2828233-hotfix-is-installed/?blogsub=confirming#subscribe-blog but no answer as yet for questions raised.

from what eblend says - we install KB2828233 to the management server and then deploy the stand alone version (KB2831316) to the masses via WSUS? is there a way we can get the WSUS filter details for the KBs so we can setup a one off ADR to update all the clients?

June 12th, 2013 3:01pm

CurbysanPan - Thanks for this info! I was so close to installing the hotfix on the server. 

I have tested 2831316 on client and server machines and so far is working OK.  No known issue without the hotfix being installed on the server.  I am ready to deploy this to all our workstations.  I may have to hold on for a bit on the server to see if we're going to experience the same issue because we are in the process of imaging bunch of computers.  After that, I will installed and let you know what happens or if you happen to do it first, I'd appreciate if you can update this thread. Thanks!

June 12th, 2013 7:01pm

Hi SwissMiss123

Found this article: http://blog.coretech.dk/heh/kb2828233-update-for-system-center-2012-endpoint-protection/

I've taken the plunge and updated to SP1 CU1 and then deployed the SCEP Platform Update.

Follow the link above for a good guide but I installed KB2828233 on the server and have setup an ADR with specific article ID of '2831316' to deploy KB2831316 to clients.

The one problem i found was that the server update (KB2828233) created a new package that it states should be deployed to SMS providers - on doing this (created specific colelction for SMS provders only) the install fails. I checked the logs in C:\%TEMP% and found that according to the logs the update doesn't need to be applied....?? hopefully its a cross over of updates with SP1 CU1 but tbh i'll never know!!

hope that helps!

June 27th, 2013 2:44pm

Hi CurbySanPan, thanks for the info! Nice blog too!  I'm about to do it tonight so your article was just on time.  Thanks again!
June 27th, 2013 6:17pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics