Installation of Server 2008 Failed
Hello,I'm trying to install the 64 Bit trial version of Windows Server 2008 Standard. When i have to type in the product key, i just hit continue and then... nothing happens. The Button just fades to grey and the hourglass appears and then, simply nothing happens. I've waited for an hour or so and still nothing happens.Could anyone help me pls?Thx,Eric
May 22nd, 2008 4:14pm

Just tried the 32 Bit Version and this one works fine. But the problem is, I need the 64 Bit version.Eric
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
May 22nd, 2008 7:56pm

Hello, Make it sure that you have gotta 64 bit Hardware. Try using adiffrent dvd and check it if it works. Thanks
May 22nd, 2008 9:00pm

Hello,the hardware should be 64 Bit:Asus P5K newest BiosIntel Q67003ware 9650SE Raid Controller (also tried it without the controller)Asus 8500 SilentI've downloaded the Image 3 Times, but always the german version. Burned it, with 2 different programs. I'll try to download the english version.Eric
May 22nd, 2008 10:09pm

Tried the english version and... same problem
May 22nd, 2008 11:19pm

Hi Eric, I also cached different problems with the German version from the trial download, Action Pack or the MSDN rollout!At least I used this version to fix a (German) problem, but not exactly for the same problem you have: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=13C7300E-935C-415A-A79C-538E933D5424&displaylang=en But as I told you, I did not face the same problems you faced. But I made the experience that there is a difference between the German and English versions, bothshipped and downloadable. Best regards Michael
May 23rd, 2008 1:10am

Dear Eric, Sorry I've forgot: As Syed told you, unless the type of media, your complete hardware has to support 64 bit! You wrote that the 32 bit Installation was successfully done! But the 64 bit Installation fails? So, as Syed wrote, it sounds to me that your hardware do not support a 64 bit installation Kind regards Michael
May 23rd, 2008 1:35am

Hi I've fixed it! My damn antivir software corrupted the image files. So everybody who's got the same problem, turn the antivirus software of.Thx to all,Eric
May 23rd, 2008 11:26am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics