Install update 976902
I downloaded the package for 976902 for our 2008 x64 servers. But how do I install this package. It comes in a Cab file format. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/976902 Wirrel
January 19th, 2011 8:26am

Hello, use the following command line in an elevated command prompt: dism /online /add-package /packagepath:"d:\download\windows6.1-kb976902-x86.cab"Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
January 19th, 2011 9:00am

Even on an active production running server? Wirrel
January 19th, 2011 9:46am

Hello, if you like to install it, that's the way to do it. Prepare a test machine if you think it will have any influence. Why do you need this update now? SP1 for Windows server 2008 R2 is not ready until now and the BETA should NEVER be installed on production machines. BTW, at the beginning you mentioned Windows server 2008, this update is not for this OS version only for R2.Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.
January 19th, 2011 9:59am

Sorry I should have put the R2 portion. We are having an issue with our 2008 R2 servers where some of them are no longer patching correctly. It sounds as if this patch could possibly fix this issue as from what I read it updated the components that handle the installation and removal of software updates. I read nothing about this being related to SP1 and it was released on the 11th. Wirrel
January 19th, 2011 11:31am

Hello, the update should improve stability for patching also, correct. On my Windows server 2008 R2 machines i had no problems until now with updates. So what kind of issues do you have with them? Which errors do you have shown when updating?Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.
January 20th, 2011 2:37am

Hi, Windows 7 and 2008 R2 SP1 BETA will expire on March 31st, 2011. If it is for testing, you can install it to see if your current issue is fixed. Also you can try to check if there is specific hotfix exactly for your current issue. Shaon Shan |TechNet Subscriber Support in forum |If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tngfb@microsoft.com
January 24th, 2011 3:22am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics