Install multiple roles on one Windows Server 2008
Any of 17 roles with features can be seleted to build a server on Windows Server 2008 (EE) machine. For testing purpose, I need to create a lab with as less virtual machines as possible. Do you have any suggustion for which roles can be set on one server without any issue? Thanks.
January 17th, 2010 7:19pm

Hi Ian3,Selecting roles depends on your requirement. So you need to look at your requirement and then select the appropriate roles , if you can give us more information as to what are you testing , we could tell you what services / roles are required.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
January 18th, 2010 6:50am

I started off setting up DC1 and ISA1 connecting Internet and internal network. Next I need to build / test following services:1. Terminal Server farm, TSFarm1 with 2 notes: TS1 and TS22. TS Session Broker, Load Balancing3. TS Gateway4. Network Policy Server5. Network Access Protection6. RRAS/VPN/IPSec7. Enterprice CA8. RemoteApp9. TS Web AccessThanks
January 19th, 2010 3:58pm

Hi ,Thanks for the information , The requirements are good and i would recommend you to isolate the DC from the above roles . There might be more than one thoughts for your setup , but here is what i would suggest.a) install CA on the DC b) TS related roles on one server c) RRAS VPN and IPSEC on another. By the above design you would have 3 VM's running in a single subnet would do good , but make sure you have appropriate routing done.Important Links===========The best way to start is download the step -by -step guides which would be handy http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=518d870c-fa3e-4f6a-97f5-acaf31de6dce&displaylang=en
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
January 20th, 2010 6:39am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics