Install media service in Windows 2008 Server
Dear all, We are trying to install Media service in Windows Server 2008. We are getting the following Error The update does not apply to your System. We are using Windows Server 2008 Standard edition (Release Candidate). I cannot find out what is the problem. Thanks & Regards, Tamil
March 8th, 2008 9:40am

Are you sure that you have the proper versions? If you go out to Microsoft's site, you will find different version of Media Service and tools for the different releases of Windows Server 2008. So, if you are using WS08 RC0, ensure that you downloaded the RC0 version of Media Services and not the latest copy. tgc
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
March 8th, 2008 9:55pm

Download links for the correct versions: Windows Media Services 2008 for Windows Server 2008 (RTM) Windows Media Services 2008 for Windows Server 2008 RC1 Windows Media Services 2008 for Windows Server 2008 RC0 Another interesting link: Windows Media Services on Server Core.
March 10th, 2008 2:49pm

Hello, Please confirm first that you have downloaded the correct version of media service for your Windows Server 2008. You might refer to the followinglink: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/forpros/serve/prodinfo2008.aspx If yes, please refer to the following KB article to install media service in Windows Server 2008: How to install Windows Media Services in Windows Server 2008 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;934518 If the problem still exists, please post back here with the detailed error message. Please also check if there are some events regarding the installation of Windows Media Services recorded in Event viewer. Thanks. Regards, Neo Zhu -MSFT
March 11th, 2008 12:47pm

Question. I have installed Sever 2008 standard. I have noticed a folder i have with pictures will not display the thumbnails of the pictures. Same with a folder i have of video files. Will Media Services do this? Is there a reason why the thumbnails are not being drawn that i am missing?
March 26th, 2008 5:26pm

I am encountering exactly the same problem with a fresh installation of Windows Server 2008 Datacenter version 32-bit. Yes I have read the installation instructions on how to download and launch the correct executable. Specifically I tried the Windows6.0-KB934518-x86-Server.msu file. Launching the file prompts me "update does not apply to your system" almost immediately.Thank you in advance for any assistance.MartinF
March 31st, 2009 7:26pm

Hi,I have the same problem, I have Windows Server 2008 Standard 64 bits+ SP2.I have download the files from this url : http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=9ccf6312-723b-4577-be58-7caab2e1c5b7&displaylang=enCan someone from MSFT help me on this please ?Thank you,Paul
June 3rd, 2009 11:12am

Hello All,The root cause of the problem in my case was that I installed the "R2" build of Windows Server 2008. Windows Media Server is very unhappy with the R2 build. As soon as I installed the "bonafide" version of Windows Server 2008, it worked as a charm.Regards,MartinMartinF
June 3rd, 2009 6:30pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics