InstallShield 1161: Unable to extract the file......
We get this error everytime we try to install a new program. I have no idea where to start looking.
August 27th, 2010 6:32pm

Hi, Please help me to collect the following information: 1. What operating system are you using? 2. What’s the program did you want to install? 3. Have you tried to download the program again to see whether the same issue persist? 4. Have you tried to install this program on other computers to see whether you get the same issue? Best Regards, Vincent Hu
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 30th, 2010 9:22am

Hey Vincent, Through my troubleshooting I have found that ONLY .msi files are affected network wide. We are a indows environment with XP Pro on workstaions and our servers are Windows 2000, 2003, and 2008 server. We have servers running MSSQL, SQL Express, and SQL 2005. It doesn't matter how or where you attempt to execute a .msi they won't work.
August 30th, 2010 4:25pm

Hi, Let me guess, did you packet a msi file with InstallShield? If so, please try to download a msi file from internet to see whether you get the same issue. You can download a msi file from the following link. http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=92759d4b-7112-4b6c-ad4a-bbf3802a5c9b&displaylang=en Best Regards, Vincent Hu
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 31st, 2010 10:41am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics