Inplace Upgrade Window 2003 Server R2 SP2 running Sharepoint Server 2007 to Windows 2008 Server SP2
Is it possible to do an inplace upgrade Window 2003 Server R2 SP2 running Sharepoint Server 2007 to Windows 2008 Server SP2 ? Are there any issues?
July 18th, 2011 3:02pm

Hello, you'll better ask in: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/forums/en-US/category/sharepoint/Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
July 18th, 2011 3:19pm

iamdon, Yes it is possible, but not going to be a fun process for you, I would Bing! for upgrading in place on Windows 2003 to 2008 as a starting point, there are many good articles out there. My preference to is perform fresh installs of 2008 and then 2007 Sharepoint and then restore your site and content, but you may not be in that position. You will also need to research Sharepoint 2007 configs with IIS7 to correct any site settings that might be lost in the transition. ALWAYS backup your machine before doing this, if you happen to be on a server with mirrored drives, I would suggest breaking the mirror, and saving that disk to the side, that way should things go bad you can re-seat the disk, and then a blank one, and bootup to your previous working 2003 environment.
July 18th, 2011 3:21pm

Hi, According to the upgrade paths, Windows Server 2003 R2 SP2 can upgrade to Windows Server 2008 SP2 normally. For more information, please refer to the following Microsoft TechNet article: Guide for Upgrading to Windows Server 2008 http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc755199(WS.10).aspx To know if SharePoint Server 2007 can work normally after upgrade, please submit a new question to SharePoint for further information as Meinolf Weber mentioned. Regards,Please remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
July 18th, 2011 9:39pm

I asked the question in sharepoint forums but no helpful answers until now.
July 24th, 2011 7:29am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics