Initial boot time
Does anybody else have a 7 minutes long boot up time before even reaching the log on page? Loading in safe mode indicates that the last file to be loaded is crcdisk.sys then the HDD led is busy for about 7 minutes before the log on page is displayed. It has the same boot up procedure every time. I have even formated my HDD.
July 11th, 2006 11:27am

i have seen this if it is staying at "loading personal settings". google for that and you will find some things to try. try a clean boot also (via msconfig). try to scan for spyware also.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
July 13th, 2006 12:00am

I'm guessing you're using Beta 2 of Windows Server "Longhorn" (Build 5384). I haven't experienced any delays similar to this so it might have to do with either a faulty HDD or maybe not having enough memory.
August 14th, 2006 8:11pm

Hi Bonheur, at first try to check ur hardware cinfiguration if it met the minimum requirment to run windows longhorn. if it met the requirement,uninstall any software that needs a special requirement to start for example if youhave an exchange installed on ur server ittake a long time to start because it had a lot of services to run during windows startup, if u haven't any software . so, the last solution is to check your hardware performance i thikit's a Harddisk problem.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
December 7th, 2006 1:46pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics