Indexes
How does one enable indexes for File System Searches?
October 19th, 2007 7:17am

me.compositor wrote: How does one enable indexes for File System Searches? The Search Serviceand the Indexing Service are available as components of the File Server Role. To install one of these components perform the following actions: Open the Server Manager Management Console Go to Roles in the left pane Click on Add Roles (on the right) Click Next > on the Before you begin page (may not apply) Check the File Services role in the list and click Next > Click Next > in the File Services Introduction screen Select theSearch Service or select the Indexing Service under Windows Server 2003 File Services When installing the Search Service: Select the volume to use the service on and click Next > Click Install on the Confirmation page Click Closein the Results screen Please note: You may not install both the Search Service and the Indexing Service on the same Windows Server 2008 box.Install the Indexing Service when your need includes backward compatibility, otherwise install the Search Service. Please refer to the topics withing Windows Help on this topic.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
October 19th, 2007 11:21am

Thank you. I've enabled the latter feature, however it still says it isn't on even though the service is currently running. Also, how can I customise the toolbar in regard to explorer windows, in order so I can say for example have a "delete" button, or a "move to recycle bin" button and is this the intention because the search service tends to take away focus from me being able to select all items at once for example.
October 21st, 2007 2:31pm

me.compositor wrote: I've enabled the latter feature, however it still says it isn't on even though the service is currently running. When you install the Windows Server 2003 File Services Indexing Service, Windows Server 2008 will still state the index is not running. When you install the Search Service you will notget this message anymore.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
October 24th, 2007 12:06pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics