Independent Interactive Filtering for 3 different columns of same table (SSRS Report)

Hello Guys,

I am new to SSRS Reports. I want to filter the fetched data table based on either Region or on First Name or on Last Name, but not all at once. I am using Fetchxml for this.
Please let me know if you people have any solution to my problem.

Thanks.

July 17th, 2014 9:12am

Hi,

set some default value for all prompts .if default value selected don't filter in the query otherwise filter it.i mean in the sql where condition pass the parameter value .

http://gnanadurai.blogspot.in

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
July 17th, 2014 4:10pm

Hi Nikhil,

If I understand correctly, there are three parameters in your report, and you want to filter Region or First_Name or Last_Name field based on those parameters.

In Reporting Services, the relationship of filters is And, and there is no option to change the relationship from And to Or. While we can use or operator within the expression to create one filter to integrated all filters as below in the table to work around this issue.
Expression:

• If those parameters are multiple parameters:
    =instr(join(Parameters!Region.Value,","),Fields!Region.Value)>0 or instr(join(Parameters!First_Name.Value,","),Fields!First_Name.Value)>0 or instr(join(Parameters!Last_Name.Value,","),Fields!Last_Name.Value)>0
  • If those parameters are single parameters:
    = Parameters!Region.Value=Fields!Region.Value or Parameters!First_Name.Value=Fields!First_Name.Value or Parameters!Last_Name.Value=Fields!Last_Name.Value

Type: Boolean
Operator: =
Value: true

If there are any other questions, please feel free to ask.

Thanks,
Katherine Xiong

July 18th, 2014 5:45am

Hi Katherine

On applying the above given expression,I get just the column header.

Any idea  where i might have gone wrong

Thanks in advance

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
February 12th, 2015 6:28am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics