Inconsistencies with connection errors: Error -2147467259: ODBC--connection to 'SQL Server Native Client 11.0[obfuscated] failed. Routine Microsoft Access Database Engine

I have an Access 2010 Database with linked tables connected to a SQL Server database on Godaddy

Some or the linked tables were linked using the SQL Server driver and others were linked using the SQL Server Native Client 11.0. 

I am able to connect to SQL Server using the Access database with no problem. I'm using A2010 and I'm in the United States.  My client is able to access the database and SQL Server tables just fine from Amman, Jordan and he is using Access 2013.  His colleagues, however, in Yemen, are also using Access 2013 and a the above captioned error occurs on certain specific tables.  Although I'm not 100% certain of the following, I'm relative sure this is true:  the tables they are having errors with are tables with text fields as primary keys and they are tables that used SQL Sever Native Client 11.0 for the driver to connect. 

Are these facts interrelated?  What might possibly be missing from the Yemen computers that the other two computers do have?

August 21st, 2015 4:51pm

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms131002%28v=sql.110%29.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 21st, 2015 9:15pm

This might be a better question in Access forum. You may consult the Access experts there if there's any restriction when using link table in Access
August 24th, 2015 2:24am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics