Incidents stuck resolving

All my closed or resolved incidents are going through this loop every 1-2 minutes where they are removing the resolved by user and re-adding the resolved by user. 

I first noticed it when the resolved notifications kept going out.  So I disabled them as a quick fix.  But on further investigation, I noticed this relationship being removed and added from the incident that was throwing resolution notifications.  Then I noticed all my resolved incident had the same Last Modified time.   They all have history for 2 days of the resolved by user being removed and re-added.  Has anyone ever seen anything like this before?  

February 8th, 2015 12:54pm

I've never seen this before in SCSM. Do you have any SCSM worflows or Orchestrator workflows running that can cause this?
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
February 8th, 2015 3:02pm

I sorted it out.  I had added a new Incident Workflow Config rule that was adding a Primary Owner on the criteria of Support Group change.  Somehow this rule was causing the resolved by user to be removed and re-added.  I've disabled the rule and the loop stopped.  The strange part is I have another Incident Workflow rule that adds a Primary Owner using the same template but the rule is based on incident creation instead of modification and it works fine.
February 8th, 2015 3:31pm

Does sound odd. Would it be possible to restart the primary management server?

Also try looking through the various incident workflows. Not sure which of them is doing this, but there would be a ton of these running.

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
February 8th, 2015 3:35pm

If you know the workflow that is causing the issue: What are the criteria of the workflow that is triggered. Also what is the action the workflow is doing?

Maybe this will bring some light into the issue?

February 9th, 2015 2:30am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics