In the Domain How I can give user the Ability to Sharing folder
Hi TechNet I have a simple problem I have DC by Windows 2003 and many of domain users How can I apply Folder Sharing feature for domain users by group policy in the domain OR I mean that by Group Policy In the Domain How Icangive user the Ability to Sharing folder in his client if it did not exist in windows server 2003 if it in windows server 2008 server please tell me about that thanks
December 25th, 2007 10:06am

There is no Group Policy to assign user accounts the right to (permanently) share folders. Effectively the only way to grant your users this right is to make them members of the power users or administrators groups on the domain computers. You can make user accounts in the domain members of the local administrators group using the Restricted Groups portion of Group Policy Objects. I don't think it's desirable to make your users administrators of their domain machines (please remember: "Power Users are Admins who have not made themselves admins yet") since they will have unlimited control over the machines. A good work-around to making shares on client machines is running a startup script, using the net share command. You and your colleagues might even findsharing common folders ondomain workstations a more transparent solution. Please Note: This is a Windows Server 2008 forum. You might find you get more accurate and more elaborate answers to Windows Server 2003 questions in one of the Windows Server 2003 newsgroups. Please Note: This is a double post.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
December 27th, 2007 1:57pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics