In place R2 upgrade and NTFS Security Folder Permissions on D Drive
I recently completed an in place upgrade of my 2008 domain controller to R2. The upgrade ran pretty flawlessly except for 1 little glitch: If I log in as my admin account which has full Domain Admin and Administrator rights I am unable to browse the folder structure of my D drive, I will recieve "you don't currently have permission to access this folder". Logging in as our main admin account with almost exactly the same memberships allows full browsing of the file structure. Checking the security of the folders shows that Administrators have full access and the Effective permissions of my login show full access, by inherited permissions. My account is also owner on some of the folders. I tried reapply all of the permissions through the folders, but that did not resolve the issue. I also deleted my profile off the server which didn't help. Thanks in advance.
May 17th, 2010 7:33pm

Hi, It should be a permission related issue. You can try to add your user account to the Secuirty tab of Drive D to see the result. Here is a similar post. I tried to explain the behavior of the permission settings. http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/windowsserver2008r2general/thread/2d100354-6282-479e-8130-8117ea81005e
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
May 18th, 2010 11:09am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics