In order to add a computer to a domain, what group membership must you have ?
I am trying to add a computer to a domain, but i am just wondering that group membership i must have to do so. Please help me in doing this....:(:(
September 20th, 2009 3:25am

As you know, computer accounts can be created in several ways: If you create an account for a computer before joining it to the domain, you are prestaging the computer account, which makes it easier for other users and administrators to join the computer to the domain. If you do not create an account before joining a computer to a domain, Active Directory will create the computer account for you, if you have appropriate permissions or can provide appropriate permissions when prompted. permissions for who can prestage computer accounts and who can join computers to a domain are somewhat convoluted: Administrators and account operators can create computer accounts for prestaging and join computers to domain. users can be delegated permission to create computer accounts or to join a specific computer with a prestaged account to a domain. Delegated users must also have local administrator permission on the local computer. Authenticated users can join up to 10 computers to the domain, and Active Directory will create necessary computer objects for these computers automatically. Authenticated users must also have local administrator permissions on the local computer. -Reza
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 20th, 2009 7:05am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics