Importing Management Pack with different dependency version

Hey there folks,

I have a SCOM 2012 server that I developed some custom MPs on, that show dependencies on another MP. All is good. I export the MP, and go to import on a "newer" (ie. installed this week) SCOM server, and I get an error that the dependent MP is not there. The issue is the dependent MP "is" there, but is a different version. Can I "wipe" the version dependency from the XML file and have it be fine, or what is the recommended way to get the MP to import with the existing versions?

Error on Import:

Existing MP:

Thanks in advance guys!

mpleaf

April 30th, 2015 11:02am

Hi there,

I read an article about this recently, it could help you out. Its pretty detailed and covers the different scenarios:

Removing obsolete references in custom management packs step-by-step 
http://blogs.catapultsystems.com/cfuller/archive/2013/11/11/removing-obsolete-references-in-custom-management-packs-step-by-step.aspx

Hope this helps,

Stoyan

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
April 30th, 2015 11:16am

I know "how" to remove obsolete dependencies, the question is whether that's what I need to do. I actually don't mind the dependency being referenced, other than it has a different version, and I don't care about the version in this case. Do I have to remove the dependency, or is that the recommendation, or ?

mpleaf

April 30th, 2015 11:24am

If you don't need the dependencies just remove them, otherwise you will not be able to import the desired MP. This is more a requirement than recommendation :)

Regards,

Stoyan

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
April 30th, 2015 11:38am

Hi,

You may try to edit the XML file for the custom management pack, change the version of the references management pack to the existing version.

Regards,

Yan Li

May 1st, 2015 2:15am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics