Import Large MySQL Dump into SQL Server (2014)
Hi All,

Thanks in advance for any advice.  I have a large mass of data I'd like to import into a SQL Server 2014 database.  The data dump is apparently meant to be loaded into a MySQL Database and it had some commands for creating the required table.

Once I remove the MySQL preparation code I'm left with only very large INSERT statements.  Such as:

INSERT INTO `Table_name` VALUES (0,'',1,0,9,1,1,1,1),(9,'some@emailaddress.com',0,0,1,1,0,1,1),(10,'another@emailaddress.com',1,0,0,1,0,0,1)

The problems are:

1) The file is very large and can't be loaded into SSMS (or most text editors (VIM does though)) (About 1.66 GB)
2) The INSERT table reference does not include the MS SQL schema.
3) The INSERT statement includes more than 1000 row values (MS SQL Server does not handle that)

What I'd like to do is convert the very large text file into a normal CSV file so that I can upload it normally using SSIS.  However if anyone can think of another way to get the data imported I'd be glad to know.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,
Matthew

August 19th, 2015 12:25pm

Hi Matthew,

Yes you should go for some code  or exteranal utility to do this. There are some solutions given in the below link

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1770795/convert-mysql-script-to-mssql

Hope this will be helpfull

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 19th, 2015 1:01pm

I suggest you load it into a MySQL database and then use SSIS or any ETL tool with which you are comfortable to transfer the data. 
August 19th, 2015 4:14pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics