Import ISO Date using BCP

Hey all,

I'm having trouble using BCP  (version 12.0.2000.8) to copy data into my Azure SQL database from a large csv file (~500MB w/300K rows). I don't do this kind of stuff very often so I hope I'm missing something obvious.

I'm using bcp with a format file and the tool doesn't like the standard ISO 8601 datetime string. For example:

2015-06-22T15:00:15.000Z

I've googled around and found some older articles about ODBC not supporting the format and others that indicated newer versions didn't have the problem.

Any ideas on how to get BCP to accept the standard date format? If not, is there an alternative to using BCP to get data in?

----- Ed

August 27th, 2015 7:54am

Hello Ed

How are you doing? My name is Kaiv and I am a PM in the Azure SQL DB team. Can you give me more information about your problem with the BCP to get data in? So you have a large CSV file on premise that you would like to move into Azure? Is the problem primarily about datetime format or more than that? Were you able to get the data into Azure except this problem you ran into? We can talk about this in more detail if you can send me an email at kaivalyh at Microsoft dot com

Kaiv

Azure PM

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 31st, 2015 4:49pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics