Images FileTypes added but not shown in search results

Hallo,

I have added the Filetypes, "jpg", "png" and "gif" through the central administration. I have then made an IISRESET, restart the search service and run a full crawl but the filetypes are not crawled.

The architecture is, 2 WFE, 2 APP Server (one for the Search) and 2 DB Servers.

Previously I had done the exact same thing in the dev environment, which consists of 1 APP server and 1 DB Server, and the images where crawled and shown without a problem.

Am I missing something?

Any help is welcome!

Thanx in advance,

Ioannis

February 13th, 2015 5:33pm

Hi John,

To troubleshoot this issue

1.         Get the URL of any of document (ie. JPG file
  2.        Navigate to the Search service application and search that URL in the crawl logs check if you able to find that record if yes check the error associated with  it and share with us.
  3.        If the URL not found go to there must be URL exclusion rule applied in the crawl rules. You need to check by going to the SharePoint search application from the CA->Manage service application and click to the search service application. Search Application page you will see the crawl rule page click and enter the url and check if this matched for any exclusion rule.

After done with the above analysis please let me know

Regards,

http://sharepointfordeveloper.blogspot.com

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
February 13th, 2015 7:12pm

You may have to either restart the timer service or restart the server. Do this on both WFE and search App Server. Then do another full crawl.
February 14th, 2015 6:00am

Hello and thank you both for your answers,

Basant unfortunately I had tried to find a record of these files with no success. Moreover no exclusion rule is set.

I have restarted the WFE Servers and the App server, made a full crawl and the Images were finally shown in the search!

Highly appreciated!

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
February 17th, 2015 10:57am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics