Illegal characters in command line on Execute Process Task Editor

I'm trying to execute a simple VBS file from the Executable command line in the Execute Process Task Editor.

My line is this:

cscript.exe "c:\convertcsvssis\XlsToCsv.vbs"

SSIS keeps saying there are illegal characters here.  I've Googled and looked about 20 articles and I can't resolve it.

I have a ForEach that loops through Excel files and changes them to CSV files using code i found.

This script takes an original Excel file and transfers it to a new CSV file in a new directory.

So in DOS at the CMD line I would type:

XlsTocsv.vbs originalfile.xls newfile.csv

I have the original file and new file in the Arguments line so I'm assuming that after the script executes it will look at the filepaths in the loop and loop through them so I want it do to this when it runs:

XlsTocsv.vbs [User::@ExcelFile] [User::@CSVFile]

I just can't get it to execute and I keep getting illegal characters.  Also on a previous post, I could not get what I was trying to work despite the good advice so I'm using this instead.  The original files were so messed up that I couldn't figure out what was wrong with them and a simple copy did not

August 25th, 2015 9:40pm

Nether [User::@ExcelFile] nor [User::@CSVFile] as an argument is invalid

It is not going to expand in the arguments part of the Execute Process Task.

You need to set it dynamically via an expression which in turn will contain

[User::@ExcelFile] [User::@CSVFile] as the argument, and XlsTocsv.vbs as the static executable

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 25th, 2015 9:57pm

Hello Arthur and thank u. I thought I was doing the variables correctly but how do I do the command line itself? I'm getting illegal characters when I call the vbs file probably the syntax is not right. Can you give an example of how I would call the command please?
August 26th, 2015 12:10am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics