If the INTERACTIVE user on COM Security for Launch and Activation permissions got deleted, Is there a way to restore the user on Windows Server 2008 32bit standard
August 5th, 2011 11:52pm

Hi JCarter: The "INTERACTIVE" account is not a real user account, it's a built-in well-known SID account. You can just click Add for a new permission, type in "interactive", click Check Names, and it should work. If you need to automate this across a large number of machines, I belive these permissions are just registry key permissions (or in the registry otherwise), so you could try tracking the key path down via Bing/Google or using a tool like Sysinternals Process Monitor. An .INF security template could then be used to assign the designed permissions (assuming they are reg key permissions that is). If the permissions are not reg key permissions, then again Process Monitor can help track down how they are implemented. In fact, a quick search brings this up: http://unlockpowershell.wordpress.com/2009/11/20/script-remote-dcom-wmi-access-for-a-domain-user/ Hope this helps!
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 6th, 2011 5:37am

Hi Elle, Thank you for the response. You have given some good pointers to look into. But I became so uneasy before your response that I had to wipe out and started over... and was able to restore ... Thanks though...
August 13th, 2011 7:12pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics