Identify failed subscriptions in a data driven subscription batch

Hi,

I have a single data driven subscription that is a batch of 250 subscriptions running on SQL Server 2008 R2. All the parameter values for the report are sourced from a database table. During the execution of the data driven subscription 5 of those subscriptions failed due to timeout error.

Final Status as shown on Subscription screen "Done: 250 processed of 250 total; 5 errors."

The SSRS log file has the subscription GUID which is a single record in the reporting server database tables. How can i identify the individual failed subscriptions? Is there an easy way or a work around that i should implement to identify the failed subscriptions?

Thanks in advance.

April 20th, 2015 4:01pm

Look at the dbo.ExecutionLog views in the ReportServer database. They will provide you the "ItemPath" - report name, time it executed, how long it took, and whether or not it succeeded.

You can easily limit the time frame for by TimeStart and TimeEnd to just analyze the period when your data driven subscription executes.

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
April 20th, 2015 4:21pm

This is a painful topic...

Yes, data-driven subscriptions can be difficult to manage.  We have had similar issues...

What we opted to do was create an SSIS package that copies the most recent logfile to a staging directory, truncates the import table, imports the current logfile, then performs a set of data queries to determine all report subscriptions that failed, using joins to the ReportServer database tables and the Subscriptions table.  At the end of the morning job we fire off report that lists all Reports/To_Email combinations that were unsuccessful.

April 20th, 2015 5:22pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics