IaaS - Virtual network

Hi,

I have some series of question on windows azure IaaS.

1. When we create virtual network is it covered with the firewall layer ?

2. VM which we get under the IaaS is shared with others ?

3. what is the difference between the network and private network ?

January 16th, 2014 8:33am

Hi,

Seems this issue is related with Windows Azure Virtual Network, I will move it to Windows Azure Virtual Network Forum for a better help.

Thank you for your understanding!

Best Regards

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
January 16th, 2014 9:27am

Hi,

Firstly, I am sorry to say that I am not understand for the first question, I would appreciate it if you can explain it more clear.

When you create a VM in Windows Azure, it obtains two IP address- the public IP address and private IP address. The VMs within the cloud service share the same public IP to let the external computers to connect to the Azure VMs. Besides, you can use remote desktop (if the VM is running Windows server) or a Secure Shell client (if the VM is running Linux operate system) to logon. You can also share file between your local computer and the VMs on Windows Azure, however, it doesnt mean the VM is shared with others.

In addition, you can create a private network(also called Virtual network) in Windows Azure and define private IP address ranges to the virtual network. Then you can create a VPN connection between your on-premise network and the VMs in the virtual network.

The links below maybe helpful to you:

Virtual Machines

Virtual Network

IP addresses in Azure

Best reagrds,

Susie

January 17th, 2014 10:30am

Hi,

1.what i am trying to understand is how private network differ from public network..?.

2.Since Azure is available on public network how much it safe to create the private network ?

3. How we going to detect the network intrusion .... ?

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
January 17th, 2014 12:28pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics