I want to monitor services running on 500 server. I want this task to be done by my colleague on his client pc but i dont want to share admin credentials. How to do this please suggest.‏
I want to monitor services running on 500 server. I want this task to be done by my colleague on his client pc but i dont want to share admin credentials. How to do this please suggest.‏
May 17th, 2011 6:35am

Hello, for 500 servers you should use a management software like System Center operations manager. I never heard about tools that will do this job with just a single client OS solution. Also to monitor some services you need more the user permissions.Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
May 17th, 2011 6:38am

Hi premkumar2k11, Thanks for posting here. Could you be more specific on Services Monitoring ? In additional with Meinolf, there is a workaround that you may consider is that customize script to let your servers periodically automatically feedback the services status to a central server, let’s say a SQL server , so that your colleague could monitor it without additional permissions. http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/ITCG/thread/ac48b34e-bab2-45f6-97cb-0132b521a68d Thanks. Tiger Li Please remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
May 18th, 2011 2:27am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics