I restrict user to access internet from gpmc with set proxy to spurious IP but its windows update automaticaly .
0 hi ; my server 2003 r2 have 2 nic; first NIC is connected to the lan that its ip is 100.1.100.0 (is setted manualy) and its dns is 100.1.100.0. second NIC is connected to the ADS and its ip is 192.168.1.51; the adsl connection is shared with first nic; on domain clients that all are win xp ip address is 100.1.100.xxx and DNS is 100.1.100.0 if i want to access internet on each client i set gateway to 100.1.100.0 and that client can use internet. if every one find this way can use internet. i deny some users to access to internet . (even if gateway set to 100.1.100.0 can not use internet) I restrict user from access to internet exept one site from gpmc with set proxy to spurious IP but its windows update automaticaly . How i prevent all program and automatic update from access to internet ;(i dont place microsoft site in list of exeptons in advanced setting off proxy butt ......) when i open explorer on that client no web page downloaded from internet except that site i place on proxy server , this shown that proxy server act right; but windows ignor from my setting and access internet for update; please help me.
September 16th, 2010 11:25am

Hello Mohammad, I suggest you restrict user access Internet by using ISA server that would be better. Forefront Edge Security - Internet Access http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-us/ForefrontedgeIA/threads Brent Hu,Please remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 20th, 2010 12:44pm

Hello Mohammad, I suggest you restrict user access Internet by using ISA server that would be better. Forefront Edge Security - Internet Access http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-us/ForefrontedgeIA/threads Brent Hu, Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ” thank from your suggestion it is at my work program but thank if help me to find my problem ;
September 20th, 2010 1:06pm

Hello Mohammad, We are glad to hear that you have resolved the issue. Thank you for your sharing. Brent Hu,Please remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
September 21st, 2010 7:17am

excuse me my problem is indefeasible ; when i set a fake proxy automatic update performed , and dont attention to fake proxy and use from gateway internet; please help me.
September 21st, 2010 8:50am

Hello Mohammad, The following two options are for your reference: 1. Restricting permission of users to modify network configuration. 2. Configuring inbound and outbound filter by using RRAS and MAC address binding. Managing Routing And Remote Access in Windows Server 2003 http://articles.techrepublic.com.com/5100-10878_11-5089192.html Brent Hu,Please remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
September 22nd, 2010 7:12am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics