I have two certificates, one it accepts as trusted, the other it does not. It has a wild card. How do I use wild card certificates with our IIS web services on our server?
I have two certificates, one it accepts as trusted, the other it does not. It has a wild card. How do I use wild card certificates with our IIS web services on our server? I have a Windows 2003 server with IIS services installed. When I make a server authentication, client authentication with a Sha1 RSA 1024 bit certificate I have applied to my server and connecting to an AS400. I accept the certificate with a full name, and I know longer have any more issues, it has a full name, the cert is like this, toaster.mydomain.com. , and this cert works. However when I accept a certificate that is *.mydomain.com it does not trust it after I have accepted it and applied it to my MMC Certificates folders. How to I get my server to trust certs with an *.mydomain.com ???
September 19th, 2012 3:54pm

Hi, Thanks for your post. If you web site that need to use a wildcard certificate, you will need to set up SSL Host Headers rather than just assigning site to user the certificate. The name of the site that you use the certificate on will need to be covered by the Wildcard certificate, as Subject Alternative Name contains the site name. Example: Wildcard Certificate -> *.abc.com Subject Alternative Name -> web.abc.com; farm.abc.com; rdsh.abc.com SSL Host Header -> web.abc.com Best Regards, Aiden TechNet Subscriber Support If you are TechNet Subscription user and have any feedback on our support quality, please send your feedback here.Aiden Cao TechNet Community Support
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 20th, 2012 4:37am

Hi, Thanks for your post. If you web site that need to use a wildcard certificate, you will need to set up SSL Host Headers rather than just assigning site to user the certificate. The name of the site that you use the certificate on will need to be covered by the Wildcard certificate, as Subject Alternative Name contains the site name. Example: Wildcard Certificate -> *.abc.com Subject Alternative Name -> web.abc.com; farm.abc.com; rdsh.abc.com SSL Host Header -> web.abc.com Best Regards, Aiden TechNet Subscriber Support If you are TechNet Subscription user and have any feedback on our support quality, please send your feedback here.Aiden Cao TechNet Community Support
September 20th, 2012 4:37am

Hi, How are things going? I just want to check if the information provided was helpful. If there is any update or concern, please feel free to let us know. Best Regards, Aiden TechNet Subscriber Support If you are TechNet Subscription user and have any feedback on our support quality, please send your feedback here.Aiden Cao TechNet Community Support
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
October 3rd, 2012 11:09pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics