I have problems with Restoring files!

First of all... Hi,

So here's the problem. The files that i want to restore are for game server. It says this:

TITLE: Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio
------------------------------

There is no editor available for 'D:\Rohan Server\DB_ROHAN HERO\RohanGame'.

Make sure the application for the file type () is installed.

Are my files bugged? Or corrupt? I just dont know its my first time.

The instructions that are gived for ''How to set up this game'' are here:

http://forum.ragezone.com/f874/rohan-online-lv115-hero-skill-975912/

Thanks in advice.

I'm sorry for my bad english, but i hope u can understand it.

November 22nd, 2014 6:14pm

So what is in this file RohanGame? If it is an SQL script, you need to rename to RohanGame.sql. SSMS includes a number of editors, and uses the file type to determine which editor to open.

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
November 22nd, 2014 7:12pm

So the thing is my computer says ''File'' and the program as u see up, there is no file type wihich is the main thing that i can't tell u anything about it :/

TITLE: Connect to Server

Cannot connect to D:\Rohan Server\DB_ROHAN HERO\RohanGame1.sql. SSMS.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

This is not a valid SQL Server Compact Database file or this file version is not supported by current SQL Server Compact Engine. (SQL Server Compact ADO.NET Data Provider)

• Edited by macrowizz Saturday, November 22, 2014 5:10 PM Adding after testing what you've said
November 22nd, 2014 8:01pm

It's extremely unclear what you are trying to do. I was not able to make out much sense of the link you posted. I think you should better ask in a forum devoted to that game you want to play.

November 22nd, 2014 10:58pm

You are right but they are always like ''google it'' ''google it''

November 23rd, 2014 12:04am

Hi macrowizz,

According to your description, it seems that you open the RohanGame file via "File-> Open -> File" in SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS). And the file cannot be opened directly by using  SSMS, because the file isnt included in the SSMS supported file (such as .sql file, .txt file, .csv file and so on).

SSMS  is a tool that we can use to manage objects in SQL Server instance. If you need to use SSMS to view database objects, the database must been registered in the SQL Server instance. To register an existing database in a SQL Server instance, you can attach the database or restore the database backup file in SQL Server.

To attach a database, you can perform the following steps. For more details, please review this article: Attach a Database.
1.Launch SSMS and connect to your SQL Server Instance.
2.Right-click on Databases in the Object Explorer and click Attach.
3.In the Attach Databases window, click the Add button.
4.Navigate to the directory containing the .MDF and .LDF files. Then select the .MDF file, and press OK.

To restore a database backup with SSMS, please review this article: Restore a Database Backup (SQL Server Management Studio).

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

November 24th, 2014 12:29pm

http://www.mediafire.com/download/ab2euav6w2z7n3g/RohanGame

Heres a link to one of the files.

February 8th, 2015 2:59am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics