I have forgotten my login password.

I have forgotten my log in password, been in the hospital and sick.

I have downloaded en_microsoft_desktop_optimization_pack_for_software_assurance_2013_x86_x64_dvd_1992110 and would like to know if this will

July 31st, 2013 8:24pm

Wish you a fast recovery.

A formal suggestion is to perform a new installation of the operation system. However we will need an installation disk to do so. I cannot confirm if the exact file you have downloaded. From the file name it seems not an installation CD.

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 2nd, 2013 5:25am

Hi,

MDOP includes DaRT, and DaRT includes a tool named Locksmith.
You need to install the DaRT package on a running Windows machine, and you can then create a DaRT boot disk.
Boot the affected PC with the DaRT boot disk and use the Locksmith tool to perform a password recovery.
Here's what it looked like in the older v6.5 DaRT:
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee532075.aspx#_Toc241331384

August 2nd, 2013 8:33am

What I downloaded came in as an ISO file. Do I burn that CD then create the DART Boot CD.

Thank you

Ladydee

August 2nd, 2013 9:58am

This link - http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/hh826071 - looks like it contains all the information you need about DaRT.
August 2nd, 2013 10:38am

What I downloaded came in as an ISO file. Do I burn that CD then create the DART Boot CD.

Yep you can burn the MDOP ISO, or you can mount the MDOP ISO (use MagiDisc or WinCDEmu or whatever).
This allows you to install the MDOP components you're interested in (e.g. DaRT).
Choose the version of DaRT that suits the OS of machine you will be recovering.
Once you've installed DaRT on your "technician" PC, use the DaRT wizard to create a DaRT disc, then boot the failed machine using that DaRT boot disc.

EDIT:

DaRT Version Information

DaRT 8.0 supports Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012.
DaRT 7.0 supports Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2.
DaRT 6.5 supports Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2.
DaRT 6.0 supports Windows Vista and Windows Server 2008.
DaRT 5.0 supports Windows 2000, Windows XP, and Windows Server

August 3rd, 2013 1:49am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics