I have a process doing 80 million inserts to a table.How to increase the inserting speed to sql table. SQL 2014 edition
I have a process doing 80 million inserts to a table.How to increase the inserting speed to sql table. SQL 2014 edition. Already removed the unused indexes and only the required indexes are present in the table.
  • Changed type Naomi N Monday, September 07, 2015 6:20 PM question
  • Moved by Kalman Toth Tuesday, September 08, 2015 10:38 AM Better fit
September 7th, 2015 12:26pm

Meaning ,you have a linked server ?
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 8th, 2015 7:34am

Informatica is the client application. Query to insert data is coming in from Informatica
September 8th, 2015 9:15am

http://dwbi.org/etl/informatica/162-pushdown-optimization-in-informatica
September 8th, 2015 9:48am

I have 2 comments:

1. You need to establish whether the feed is slow or the database insert action is sluggish

2. Since it is truncate and load, you can drop all indexes and recreate them after the load

If the feed is slow, 2 may not help you much.

September 8th, 2015 10:36am

No, there is not a configuration setting on the SQL Server which will increase the speed of your inserts.

You need to find the actual bottleneck of the inserts.  Since you say this is Informatica ETL process, it is likely not being sent to the SQL Server fast enough and this is not a SQL Server issue at all.

• Marked as answer by DJ_DBA 17 hours 50 minutes ago
September 8th, 2015 11:28am

I'm wondering why have you posted this Informatica ETL related question in the SSIS forum? This forum is for people using SSIS as their ETL tool.
September 9th, 2015 5:08pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics