I have a cluster server with 2 nodes under SCOM. How could I set up alert on each cluster disk to monitor free space?

hi folks:

I have two clusters under scom and I have two questions regarding the monitoring on the free space

1. when I click one disk,  the Free Space (MB) chart is still empty

2. How to set up alert to each cluster drives so that I could receive alert when it's  under a certain threshold? 

Thanks

H

January 24th, 2015 12:48am

Verify that you enable rule of free space of Cluster rule.

Also you can check below link

http://blogs.technet.com/b/kevinholman/archive/2012/06/14/opsmgr-mpupdate-new-base-os-mp-6-0-6972-0-adds-new-cluster-disks-changes-free-space-monitoring-other-fixes.aspx

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
January 24th, 2015 4:16pm

More info:

Monitoring Logical and Physical Disks

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd262028.aspx

January 26th, 2015 10:22am

hi still unclear here. I manage to find all cluster disk rules and they are all enabled as default.

So next question, how can I link these rules to a specific cluster drive and generate alerts????

Thanks

January 28th, 2015 1:22am

Greeting,

Overrides change the configuration of System Center 2012 Operations Manager monitoring settings for monitors, attributes, object discoveries, and rules. When you create an override, you can apply it to a single managed object or to a group of managed objects.

January 28th, 2015 5:09am

ok, now it is getting really confusing... I went to the overrides and try to look for the overrides for rules: Cluster disk but could not find anything..  I want to apply this overrides to one of the cluster server but how can I??

thanks

January 29th, 2015 12:22am

Hi,

The Overrides pane display the record that you already override.

You can create groups in the Authoring workspace in the Operations console.

Select the specify rule on the rule pane, click Overrides on the Operations console toolbar. You can choose to override this rule for objects of a specific type or for all objects within a group. After you choose which group of object type to override, the Override Properties dialog box opens, enabling you to view the default settings contained in this rule. You can then choose whether to override each individual setting contained in the monitor.

January 29th, 2015 6:28am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics