I have a .exe application that I need to access from anywhere. How can I most easily accomplish this?

I have a piece of software that I use at my car dealership to track my inventory. It is a .exe file, and has a few other little files associated with it.

I would like to be able to access it from the cloud. I have access to the full suite of MS/Azure products.

Would I host the files in Azure storage, and access the program through a virtual machine, though a web portal?

Thanks in advance for your help,

John

August 24th, 2015 7:59pm

It depends whether the software is storing the inventory inside a database or in one of those little files associated with it.

If it stores that data in a file next to the exe file, it's probably best to create a new Windows VM and then install/copy the software into that VM. That way you can always, from any pc, use Remote Desktop to log into the VM and run the inventory program.

For creating the VM and connecting using Remote Desktop here's a description on how to do that: https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/articles/virtual-machines-windows-tutorial/

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 25th, 2015 5:09am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics