I can't see my Windows Server 2003 Server in My network Places.
I cannot see my Server in my network places. We are running Windows Server 2003. Please Help.
September 21st, 2010 6:45pm

Make sure NetBios over TCP\IP is enabled within your TCP\IP settings. Make sure Computer Browser service is started. If you have WINS make sure this server has a WINS IP address address listed in the TCP\IP properties
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 21st, 2010 9:05pm

can you see it otherwise? ping, etc?
September 21st, 2010 10:34pm

Hi, Thanks for posting here. Before we move on, I would like to confirm the following information with you: Is this server a domain member ? Is this issue also occurred on other computers which in same subnet ? Please install window server 2003 support tools on this server first , you can find the installation packet form windows sever 2003 installation disk. For list and browse other computers in network places ,system uses NetBIOS name resolution ,you might like to following the steps below to troubleshooting this issue: · Check for 3rd party applications on the local machine such as firewall, AV and backup software and disable/uninstall (some applications must be uninstalled to remove the effects, disabling the software may still allow the associated system drivers to load). · Verify that NetBIOS over TCPIP is bound to the connected interface. · Check for the Segment Master Browser using "browstat status" and check browse list using "browstat view <transport>\\<Segment Master Browser server>" · Check if there is any related event recorded in the System event log. · Verify that at least one machine is running the Computer Browser service in workstations of your network . If all the machines on that subnet have the service stopped, there will be no browsing on that segment. How To Diagnose and Test TCP/IP or NetBIOS Network Connections in Windows Server 2003 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;323388 Thanks. Tiger LiPlease remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 22nd, 2010 7:09am

I can ping & access the shared folders on the windows server 2003 from any workstation , but the same server I am not able to see in My network place . please can anyone help Regards Jaice
September 2nd, 2011 4:58am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics