I Have Problem With Working VPN For Connect The Internet !!!
I Have a Server, And This Server Have Two Network Card.This Server Is Connect To Internet From ADSL Modem. And This Modem ADSL Connect To One Network Card Server. And Another Network Card Server Is Connect To Intranet (Internal Network).I Configure This Server To Routing And Remote Access. Client Can Connect To This Server From VPN But This Client Cannot Access The Internet.In My Workplace Client Should Connect The Internet By Using VPN.More Information Below :Local Area Network 1 (Connect ADSL Modem) IP : 192.168.0.1Local Area Network 2 (Connect Internal Network) IP : 192.168.0.2Range Static Address For VPN Server Is : From 192.168.0.50 To 192.168.0.79 30 Client.Client No Use DHCP Server For Assign Address IP And Client Use Manually Address IP. From 192.168.0.5 To 192.168.0.30Please Help Me.Thanks.
July 1st, 2008 11:51am

No, that won't work. You only need two network cards if the machine connects directly to the Internet. One card is in the local private LAN and the other has a public IP connected to the Internet. Your machine connects to the Internet through a router so you only need one NIC in the RRAS server. The router is your public connection.RRAS will not work if both NICs are in the same IP subnet. The VPN server option in RRAS is to enable remote users to connect to this server. It is not designed so that clients on the LAN can make a VPN connection to somewhere else! You will need to configure your router to connect by VPN then set it up so that the LAN clients can share this connection using NAT.This is not easy in RRAS.Are you using PPPoE? If so try setting up the PPPoE interface to connect to your ISP. Then configure NAT to use this PPPoE interface as the public interface for NAT.The LAN clients do not make VPN connections and they do not get a second IP address from RRAS.They access the Internet through the RRAS/NAT router sharing the router's Internet connection. Bill
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
July 1st, 2008 1:41pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics