IT person in a municiple department
Need to Know if a file called appserver.log that is on a windows server 2003 can be deleated, or does the file have to be emptied first and the file saved. The file has grown to 45 gig's and cannot be opened at this time. ?
April 28th, 2010 7:26pm

Hi Paul, As the appserver.log file is generated by a company independent of Microsoft, we are not the best resource to troubleshoot this issue. I suggest contacting software company for directly assistance. Thank you for your understanding. Regards, Wilson JiaThis posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please click "Mark as Answer" when you get the correct reply to your question.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
April 29th, 2010 6:11am

Hi , I agree with Wilson , appserver.log corresponds to specific applicaiton it might be sun / peoplesoft applicaiton which is writing its data into appserver.log. You might need to check a) the applicaiton associated with log b) contact the dev team / app team to verify if you can delete the log.
April 29th, 2010 6:58am

Thanks for your reply, the machine is a Dell server and I will call Dell to see if they can tell me what application is writting to this file.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
April 29th, 2010 4:00pm

Thanks for the reply.
April 29th, 2010 4:01pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics