ISO problem
I just downloaded win2008 std edition iso file. When I use WinISO to extract the files so I can burn them all I get is a readme file with a message that "iso-13346 udf file specs" are used. what do I need to get this thing so it can be used for an install?
June 26th, 2007 10:06pm

Download IMGBurn / Deepburner or if you have Nero installed. ISO is a format that allows you to burn the image complete with bootsectors, which you will need to be able to install from it. So you don't need to unpack the files...
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 26th, 2007 11:03pm

I do not have an DVD Burner nor a DVD drive - I would like to unpack the files and run the install from a HDD do you know of any way that I cando that ? mal
June 30th, 2007 8:04pm

You can consider install Virtual PC. Mount the ISO file to a virtual machine and then copy the content to your hard disk.
June 30th, 2007 8:59pm

thank you. I have unpacked the contents and when I try to run the file it fires an error : the image file E:/setup.exe is valid, but is for a machine type other than the current machine... when I view the same file from an xp home machine it shows the setup.exe as windows vista?? any ideas ?
July 1st, 2007 7:46pm

You might want to verify the iso file that you download is suitable for your hardware or not. wsl_6001.16510.070417-1740_x64fre_server-KB3SxFRE_EN_DVD.iso is for 64 bit hardware wsl_6001.16510.070417-1740_x86fre_server-KB3SFRE_EN_DVD.iso is for 32 bit hardware
July 2nd, 2007 2:34am

I did and had actually downloaded the 64x version. Downloaded the 86x version and started the installation only to find that I get another error: windows was unable update the boot record.... the install fails and rollbacks. any idea? I am currently installing windows server 2003 in the hope that I would then be able to upgrade.
July 2nd, 2007 1:43pm

mallyonline1888 wrote: I am currently installing windows server 2003 in the hope that I would then be able to upgrade. I have now uninstalledAD and DC and started afresh with windows server 2003 sp2 - when I run the install all I get is an error: windows could not update the bootconfiguration of this machine! I had a password on the BIOS so removed this to try again and it gave the same error!! any ideas why this is happening ?
July 2nd, 2007 3:56pm

Just download magiciso to burn iso file to cd. It works fine. http://www.magiciso.com/tutorials/miso-burnwin.htm
August 10th, 2007 6:08pm

Hi, I just finished upgrading from Windows 2003 SP2(Clean Install-with no server role) to Windows Server 2008 Beta 8. Everything went smooth. After downloading the .iso file from microsoft I used the trial version of PowerISO software to extract the files and then saved them on the hard drive. I ran the setup.exe from the local drive and it went smooth. Hope it helps. Thanks, Baraan
August 10th, 2007 9:16pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics