ISCSi drive does not appear in list of volumes

Hi,

I have configured a windows server 2012 r2 OS with 2 disks/ The server is a VM. Both disks are SCSI. Hoerver, the data disk does not show in ISCSI setup

Screenshot of the part in question is here:

https://weikingteh.files.wordpress.com/2012/12/image13.png

Any help appreciated

February 26th, 2015 4:58pm

Hi,

How do you create the two SCSI disks? When you creat an iSCSI virtual disk, you need to creat a new disk on the iSCSI target server. 

Best Regards,

Mandy 
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
February 27th, 2015 9:19am

At the vm level the disks are scsi.

I then go to computer management and create a disk as per normal (see screenshot below). The disk is there and online?

February 27th, 2015 11:24pm

Hi,

It seems that we cannot view existing disks in ISCSI setup. If you want to load an existing VHD file, you could use Import-IscsiVirtualDisk command to add an iSCSI Virtual Disk object.

For more detailed information, please see:

Introduction of iSCSI Target in Windows Server 2012
http://blogs.technet.com/b/filecab/archive/2012/05/21/introduction-of-iscsi-target-in-windows-server-2012.aspx

Best Regards,

Mandy
March 2nd, 2015 10:03am

Hi,

I would like to confirm what is the current situation? Have you resolved the problem?

If there is anything that we can do for you, please do not hesitate to let us know, and we will be happy to help.

Best Regards,

Mandy
March 4th, 2015 7:29am

Using Powershell, this issue fis fixed. However, the target status is offline.

How can I make this online?

March 4th, 2015 11:46pm

Hi, 

When the iSCSI initiator has connected to the persistent target, then the target status is Connected. You need to connnect the iSCSI target from a server via iSCSI initiators.

Best Regards,

Mandy

March 9th, 2015 11:41pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics