ISA Authentication
dear sir/madam, pretty often, I have seen thatevery client that are not joined to the network and login locally, will get a proxy authentication message(proxy authentication window) and despite they save their password , they see that message again and again and have to reenter their password. what should I do , to never see that window again ?
January 24th, 2009 9:57am

It sounds like you have ISA setup for Authentication. Therefore for the computers that are not logged into the Domain you need to make a rule for them on the ISA to allow them to bypass authentication. Setup DHCP reservations for those computers in an IP range that you know. Eg. 172.16.6.x Go to the ISA and add that as an IP range called "Allowed Computers". 172.16.6.1-172.16.6.254 Setup an ISA rule allowing All Outbound from "Allowed Computers" to "Internet" = ALL USERS (very important you use this one). Be aware that this will bypass authentication so their logs won't be logged as anything other than anonymous. I also recommend installing the Firewall Client too on all workstations although it is not necessary except if you want to use FTP or SMTP. Cheers, Laralforbes
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
January 25th, 2009 10:47am

thank you for the reply. but I shouldmension that, upon our organization policyevery user that want to use the internet mustbe authenticated and go through proxy. so i can not set an allow rule for the ISA server . is there any other way toresolve this problem ?kind regardskianoosh
February 5th, 2009 9:28am

kianoosh_N said: thank you for the reply. but I shouldmension that, upon our organization policyevery user that want to use the internet mustbe authenticated and go through proxy. so i can not set an allow rule for the ISA server . is there any other way toresolve this problem ?kind regardskianooshNot really. Either they are authenticated or you allow them not to authenticate. You really can't have it both ways.Cheers,Laralforbes
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
February 6th, 2009 8:46am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics