IPv6 Network File Transfer in Windows 2003 Server
We are attempting to transfer files via IPv6 network using Windows 2003 servers. From my research I found that this is possible if we used a domain name (mapped to the IPv6 address) to access the network path. I was wondering how we could setup domain names in our lab, as I have very little network background (apart from troubleshooting the network connectivity of our servers) I would like to know what the minimum possible lab setup is to accomplish File access over an IPv6 network. Could you guys send me a link or describe the setup I need to do I'm attempting? Summary of what I'm trying to : 1. File transfer over IPv6 network 2. Using Windows 2003 servers on the sending and receiving ends. 3. Programmatic way of transferring files over IPv6, are there special APIs to accomplish this? From our attempts so far, this operation seems to work on Windows 2008 servers and Windows 7. We are attempting this programatically on Windows 2003 servers and upgrading the server platform would cause too much change in our software, so it's basically out of the question. So far we've attempted to add the IPv6 address to the drivers\etc\HOSTS file but it doesn't work, a domain name lookup may be needed for this to work. What additional setup should I apply to the server so it can register a Domain Name to point to the IPv6 address?
October 21st, 2010 5:03am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics